Thursday, September 15, 2011

Homemade Wall-E robot

My husband made this Wall-E robot for my classroom this year. His front control board lights up. His eyes also light up and are made from working cameras. He has plugs in the back that hook to the TV to allow the children to see themselves through Wall-E's eyes. His tracks are made from mini blinds that have been spray painted. His hands are just made from cardboard. My husband is too talented! The only thing I contributed to this project was making the hands and making the oval pieces around his eyes.
I use him in the classroom for interactive writing time. If he is lit up when the children come into the room then he has a letter inside of him. We read the letter and then the children help write a letter back to Wall-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment