Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reading Rocket

I love getting ready for Open House night at the beginning of the year. My favorite part is coming up with a theme for the classroom. This past year my theme was "Soar into Kindergarten" and throughout the room was different items related to things that fly. I even convinced my husband to create a Reading Rocket for the classroom that the children could sit inside and read their books when in library center. We made it from a large cardboard box and lots of tape. I painted the box and my husband glued several little buttons and gadgets inside, which later the kids eventually pulled off. My husband taped carpet in the bottom and I threw some pillows inside to make it comfortable. This year I am doing the theme of "Outer Space"... "Learning is a BLAST!" This way I get to keep the rocket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment